One of the objectives of the USI Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) is to increase access to community-based programs that provide patients, families, caregivers, and direct care workers with the knowledge and skills to improve health outcomes for older adults.
Click the buttons below to find out what is being offered in topic areas related to:
- Advance Care Planning – PREPARE and Respecting Choices
- Chronic Disease Self-Management – Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions
- Dementia – Alzheimer's Association Programs and Positive Approach to Care with Teepa Snow
- Mobility – Matter of Balance
- Mental Health – Healthy Ideas and Mental Health First Aid
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $3,691,706 million with zero percentage financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
Improving Health Through Evidence-Based Programs
Learn more about activities that have been scientifically tested and shown to be effective in improving health and wellness of older adults.