View the OT Application
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) applications will be available January 15-February 15 of application year (for Fall semester start date).
Weighting consists of 60% MSOT prerequisite GPA, 40% undergraduate degree GPA, and appraisal of recommendation letters.
To apply you must:
- Have a plan to complete his/her bachelor's degree by May 20 of application year.
- Have a minimum 3.00 grade point average (on a 4.00 point system), calculated on the prerequisite courses and undergraduate degree. Prerequisite courses must have a grade of C or better and be completed by May 20 of application year:
- BIOL 121: Anatomy and Physiology 1
- BIOL 122: Anatomy and Physiology 2
- PSY 201: Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 261: Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- PSY 322: Abnormal Psychology
- HP 115: Medical Terminology
- HP 225: Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- EXSC 383: Kinesiology
- HP 302: Biostatistics
- Complete USI’s Application for Admission to Graduate Studies and deemed eligible by USI’s Office of Graduate Studies.
- Have official transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate institutions attended sent to Graduate Studies by February 15.
- Complete the USI OT Program Admission Application (available January 15-February 15).
- Have two letters of recommendation:
- One professional letter from a previous employer or from a practicing Occupational Therapist AND
- One academic letter from a professor or advisor in the applicant’s undergraduate degree.
- Letters MUST be in a sealed envelope signed by the reference on the seal.
- Letters will only be accepted if sent from the applicant. Applicant should include with the recommendation letters his/her name, email address and USI student ID, ideally on a cover letter. Applicant should send letters of recommendation to:
Occupational Therapy Program
University of Southern Indiana
Stone Family Center for Health Sciences
515 Walnut Street
Evansville, IN 47708
- Letters must be postmarked by February 15 of the application year.
* OT applications will not be accepted unless you have been accepted OR awaiting acceptance to USI’s Office of Graduate Studies.
* Students are responsible for the coursework covered in the required MSOT Prerequisite courses. It is highly recommended that students keep their textbook from these classes for future references.
International Student Applicants
There are special application procedures for those who are not citizens of the United States or who have and their previous schooling outside of the United States. International student applicants interested in the MSOT program visit Graduate Studies for information on applying to the university.